Hardware Product Development
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
What we're building: tools for creators Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human. Polaroid is dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. We are a spirited, quickly growing international team, that is very passionate about instant photography and all related accessories. We are reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Company values and behaviours are human, open, curious and driven. If this sounds like you then why not join the team.
As Hardware Architect you are responsible for supporting the Design team with creating products that delight our consumers and achieve all the defined product requirements. You are also the bridge from Europe to the development team in Taiwan, who are responsible for defining and delivering technical specifications against those defined product requirements. You are part of the hardware management team, and you have a dotted line to support and coach the mechanical and electrical engineering teams in Taiwan. As part of your role, you also consider optimizing quality and design for manufacturability.
Objectives of the role
- Support Design with reaching the right balance in our industrial and functional requirements
- Ensure that all requirements are complete, correctly defined, and consistent with capabilities
- Optimise speed to market, by championing architectural decisions that support Development
- Optimise product cost, by understanding the market requirements, and what adds user value
- Optimise prototypes to ensure we develop and deliver high quality manufacturable products
- Working with relevant stakeholders to help design and develop our hardware product range
- Driving continual improvement through testing and modifying all existing hardware products
- Translating the product requirements, into technical specifications with Development team
- Collaborating with hardware, firmware, and mobile teams, to optimise end user experience
- Drive the introduction of new cost-effective technologies, to support the company objectives
The ideal candidate
- Degree in Electronic Engineering Design. Or Mechanical, Electronic or Optical Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in hardware architecture, camera experience preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail, with excellent diagnostic and problem-solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, basic Mandarin an advantage
- Strong passion to stay up to date with the latest advancements in technology and design
- Having a passion for photography and an affinity with our products if a strong preference
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam office, or potentially working remotely with 20-30% travel to Amsterdam, London, and Taiwan. You will be reporting to the SVP Engineering and Supply Chain, working closely with Product Marketing, Design, Development, Manufacturing and Quality.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation with any other relevant information to email@example.com
Applications must be accompanied by a personalized letter of motivation, or they will not be considered.