Senior Android Developer
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory, but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that start-up acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: Tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
As Senior Android Developer you are responsible for developing our Polaroid apps for mobile devices powered by the Android operating system. Your primary focus developing the Android applications and their integration with back-end services. The Andoird Developer works alongside other engineers and developers working on different platforms (iOS) and layers of the infrastructure.
Objectives of the role:
- Design and build applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, maintainability and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
- Build and maintain the SDLC (CI/CD)
- Writing quality code and performing code reviews
- Backlog Grooming and user story sizing estimations
- Writing unit and/or UI tests
- Working in JIRA
- Follow definition of done and other development practices
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of user-centered quality products is essential.
- Experience with the relevant design frameworks
- Experience on threading and performance tuning
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
The ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in Android Development
- Expert in Object-Oriented principles and design patterns
- Enthusiastic about modern software engineering principles
- Experienced in architecting and building native mobile applications from the ground up
- Experience publishing several Android apps
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
What to expect:
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam office. You will be reporting to the Mobile Apps Team Lead working closely with Product, UX, Firmware Development, and our Quality team.
Cover Letter/Note to us:
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV with any other relevant information to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via LinkedIn.