1. Who we are
We are Polaroid International B.V., a company registered (Chamber of Commerce registration number 59065982) whose registered office is at Danzigerkade 16c, 1013 AP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (“Polaroid” or “we”).
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
2. The personal data we collect about you
When you purchase from our website and/or access and browse our website we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your (sur)name;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone) and email details;
- your user name and password;
- your IP address;
- where you have registered with us;
- where you place an order with us;
- your communication and shopping preferences;
- your browsing and online shopping activities;
- any company name if you choose to provide us with this information.
- payment details (all payment details you provide through our website are processed and/or stored by a third party credit card or payment facilitator or processor, and not by us).
We may also collect some or all of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us. This is the case with e-mail addresses you fill in using forms on other websites provided by CanopyDeploy and/or other service providers, regarding your name, e-mail address and eligible use instances of social media tools in the context of our loyalty program (for more information we refer to paragraph 3.2). This is also the case regarding unique visitor identifiers as assigned by Facebook and Google through usage of “Facebook Pixel” and “Google Analytics” (we refer to paragraph 3.3).
3. Legal bases of the processing of your personal data
We only process your personal data when we have a legal base to do so.
We mainly process your personal data because this is strictly necessary for the performance of an agreement or contract made with you, i.e. to deliver your order to you, or to enable you to browse our website. If the personal data required in this context is not provided, this may have consequences for the possibilities with regards to purchases or delivery, or your possibilities in using our website.
We also process certain personal data after you have granted free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent in this regard. You are entitled at any time to withdraw your permission for these certain processing of personal data. This does not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing on the basis of this consent prior to the withdrawal thereof.
We also process some personal data because this is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests, which include:
- fraud prevention and combating by Polaroid (which are, in those specific cases, not overridden by your privacy interests)
- analysis and improvement of the services and content of our website
- analysis and improvement of our products
We also process some personal data because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Polaroid is subject. If you don’t provide us with the concerned personal data, this may influence our possibilities to offer and provide our services and products to you.
4. How we may store and use your information
Polaroid (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to make this website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by push notifications and email) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- to keep your order(s) in your shopping cart so you can get back to it later; for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management, and administrative purposes;
- to enable us to conduct surveys
- to enable you to take part in our loyalty programme; and
- for fraud prevention, fraud combating and related anti-fraud measures, as well as to comply with legal duties imposed on Polaroid or legal duty to use or disclose your information.
In addition, we may collect pseudonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the pseudonymised details we collect for these purposes.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Polaroid has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the applicable data protection legislation, as amended from time to time. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
5. Email newsletter
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will use the personal information necessary or separately provided by you to send you our e-mail newsletter as agreed.
If you wish to unsubscribe from email marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail marketing communications that we have sent to you.
6. Loyalty program
When ordering products on the website you automatically enrol in a loyalty program facilitated by a third party. For this purpose, encrypted personal data and encrypted data regarding your order such as order value and potential discounts are transferred to and stored by such third party and will only be used to perform its services in connection with the loyalty program.
7. Cookies and comparable technologies
Polaroid uses essential, analytics and tracking cookies on the website, as well as comparable technologies.
Certain cookies and technologies are essential in order for the website to operate. These are necessary for us to provide the basic functionalities of the website. We will use these essential cookies and technologies also without obtaining your consent
Apart from the essential cookies, we will only use analytics and tracking cookies and comparable technologies after you have granted free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent for this. You provide us with your consent for the use of analytics and tracking cookies when you choose the cookie settings upon entering our website. You are entitled at any time to withdraw or change your consent for our usage of these analytic and tracking cookies and comparable technologies. This does not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing on the basis of this consent prior to the withdrawal thereof. If you were to withdraw your consent for the usage of the analytic and tracking cookies and comparable technologies, it will prevent us from personalizing our site for your convenience and showing you relevant content, including but not limited to personalized offers, discounts, or advertisements.
If you browse this website, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other reputable websites. We are committed to providing you with information on products and offers which are relevant to you. When you visit other websites, you may see an advertisement for our products because you visited this website. This is possible due to our usage of Google Analytics, Google Analytics for Display Advertising and AdWords Remarketing and/or similar services.
Some pages on the website load information from social networks to enable targeted advertising for our products on the social network platform which is activated every time someone opens a web page where a certain code is installed. This piece of code sends such general hashed information about the actions people take on a website to the social networks to help the website provider to target its advertisements to the people who took an action on its website. Facebook provides us with this information through ‘Facebook Pixel’.
We and/or third party data processors acting on our behalf may also use web beacons and flash cookies. Web beacons are embedded in a website or email and allow to check if a user has accessed certain content of such website or email. Flash cookies are pieces of data that websites which use Adobe Flash may store on a user's computer and can be used to store user preferences, save data from flash games, or to track a user's internet activity.
For more information, or to change or withdraw your cookie consent settings, see our cookies page at https://polaroid.com/pages/cookies.
8. International transfers
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area and to other Polaroid group companies in connection with the above purposes. These countries are either listed under the EU-US Privacy Shield, the European Commission has taken an adequacy decision regarding these countries or parties or they have taken appropriate or suitable safeguards.
9. Fraud prevention
In regard to fraud prevention and combatting, we use services which, among others, help us to determine whether or not a transaction should be made (should there be any doubt).
10. Our processors and other recipients
Only those employees of Polaroid whose access to the personal data is necessary will have access to it. Our employees, as well as the third parties to whom personal data is made available, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. We also impose this obligation on processors through a data processing agreement that we use when executing our services.
Polaroid does not in principle provide your personal data to third parties, unless this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes. In that context, Polaroid will provide your personal data to parties who facilitate order placement and payment, payment guarantees and authorisation, fraud prevention and browser session monitoring. In addition, Polaroid will make personal data available to third parties if a legal obligation or a court order requires it to do so.
We use internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the website. To check that you are in a secure area of the website before sending personal data to us, please check that your website browser displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key at the beginning of the website address.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer via the internet to us.
12. Spoof/false emails
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond. You may forward any such e-mail to email@example.com.
13. Your rights
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time and obtain information in that regard;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge;
- the right to erasure of your personal data (under circumstances listed in the applicable law);
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data (under circumstances listed in the applicable law);
- the right to object against the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability (you can ask us to provide you or a third party with your personal data in a readable and accessible form); and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications.
For security purposes we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal information to you. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Data retention
Polaroid will not retain the personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected or processed. Polaroid will in any case comply with legal data retention obligations.
15. Third party sites
We do not exercise control over the websites that may be linked to the website. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information from you.
17. Contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com.